[erlang-questions] Erlang is *not* a implementation of the Actor model Re: Go vs Erlang for distribution

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Wed Jun 25 00:09:35 CEST 2014

I think it is very lucky that we weren't interested in, or worried about,
the theoretical aspects, or that we had heard about the actor model. If we
had we would probably still be discussing whether we were doing the actor
model and which parts of it, or where we differed and how important that
was? Or should we differ and maybe we should drop the differences to we
would comply, etc ... :-)

We were trying to solve *THE* problem and this was the best solution we
could come with. It was purely pragmatic. We definitely took ideas from
other inputs but not from the Actor model.

Robert