[erlang-questions] Dialyzer: Unknown functions

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Jun 24 18:05:59 CEST 2014

Is your code calling the cover, eprof, packages?? or xref functions there?

If not, then it's completely pointless to include them in your PLT!

You should only include the applications that your code uses, otherwise
all you end up doing is dialyzing OTP when you build your PLT, which is
probably not what you want.

On 06/24/2014 05:58 PM, Paulo F. Oliveira wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm applying dialyzer to my project and still have a bunch of warnings
> whose origin I can't seem to figure out.
>
> Unknown functions:
>    cover:compile_beam/1
>    cover:compile_beam/2
>    cover:compile_module/2
>    cover:export/2
>    cover:get_term/1
>    cover:import/1
>    cover:is_compiled/1
>    cover:module_info/1
>    cover:write/2
>    eprof:analyze/1
>    eprof:log/1
>    eprof:start/0
>    eprof:start_profiling/1
>    eprof:stop_profiling/0
>    packages:last/1
>    packages:strip_last/1
>    xref:add_application/3
>    xref:analyze/2
>    xref:set_default/3
>    xref:set_library_path/2
>    xref:start/2
>    xref:stop/1
> Unknown types:
>
> I'm using the following to generate the PLT:
>
> dialyzer --build_plt --verbose --statistics -Wunmatched_returns
> -Werror_handling -Wrace_conditions -Wunderspecs -Woverspecs -Wspecdiffs
> -r deps --apps ebin asn1 compiler crypto erts hipe inets kernel
> public_key runtime_tools sasl ssl stdlib syntax_tools xmerl edoc eunit
> gs mnesia -I include
>
> Does anybody know how to solve this (I don't want to ignore the
> warnings) or could probably point me in the right direction so that I
> can figure it out?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers.
>
> - Paulo F. Oliveira