[erlang-questions] Can't attach to a running release: "No such device or address"

Daniil Churikov ddosia@REDACTED
Mon Jun 23 16:55:03 CEST 2014

You can always start remshell, even someone attached:

1. erl -name myremnode -setcookie samecookieas1stnode
2. press Ctrl + g (you can put single char 'h' to get help there)
3. User switch command
 --> r 'mynodename@REDACTED'
 --> c
Eshell V5.10.4  (abort with ^G)
(mynodename@REDACTED)1>

if you don't have erlang installed on that machine you could always use
thos, which packaged with release: `find rel_dir -type f -name erl`