[erlang-questions] Dictionary strategy of last value wins

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sun Jun 22 20:16:44 CEST 2014

If you do want to keep a full history of inserts, couldn't you use a
dict(K, [V])? Sure, you'd have to write a few functions, since
dict:append/3 doesn't have the desired semantics, but such functions are
straightforward to write.

prepend(K, V, D) ->
    dict:update(K, fun (Vs) -> [V | Vs] end, [V], D).