[erlang-questions] [ANN] Skel

Adam Barwell adb23@REDACTED
Wed Jun 18 12:07:34 CEST 2014

Dear all,

We are happy to present Skel, an abstract skeleton library for Erlang to assist with parallelisation. Code, documentation, and a tutorial may be found at:

  skel.weebly.com

Whilst Erlang makes the introduction of concurrency simple, manually manipulating processes remains a headache. Skel hides these details, providing a number of patterns, or skeletons, that are invoked using one of two functions. These skeletons are designed to be easily manipulated, and are nestable, allowing their use in a variety of contexts. Through its skeletons, Skel allows the simple and safe introduction of parallelism, not just the concurrency built into Erlang.

More information may be found at the above link; we hope you find it useful. Skel is currently in development, so comments and suggestions for improvement are very welcome.

--
Adam D. Barwell