[erlang-questions] Erlang for youngsters

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Mon Jun 16 15:44:14 CEST 2014

Or teach it through side-channels with examples. Here's a random idea,
probablu full of holes.

Show them a bunch of castles with different things: heights for walls,
thickness for walls, number of walls, towers, drawbridges, moats, etc.

- Which castle is the best?
- Which castle would protect you best against dragons? Against
  catapults? Against knights? Sorcerers?
- Which castle would be the safest to be in?
- Why is Castle A safer than Castle B for X?
- There's an army of knights and catapults coming. How would you build a
  castle to protect you against it?
- What do you do if the catapults break a wall or the drawbridge?
- Here's my castle, can you make it safer against sorcerers?

Maybe there's a way through there to lead a discussion into topics like
redundancy, time to repair, and so on, without even needing to involve
any computers or their related terminology in the first place.

It may help to look at things such as Bloom's Taxonomy[1] into figuring out
what to teach, how to teach it, and how to evaluate it, if one really
wants to.

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom%27s_taxonomy