[erlang-questions] [ANN] Cowboy and Ranch 0.10

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Jun 10 12:38:10 CEST 2014

Hello!

I just pushed Cowboy 0.10 and Ranch 0.10.

   https://github.com/extend/cowboy
   https://github.com/extend/ranch

The Cowboy changelog can be found here:
https://github.com/extend/cowboy/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

This release sees the addition of functions for reading multipart! (And
there are also functions for creating multipart bodies in the cowlib
library if you need them.) The old multipart interface got removed.

The other big change is a rework of the body reading interface, again.
Users have reported having timeout issues sometimes so the new interface
allows you to configure read length/timeout so you can control the rate
of transfer *per body function call*.

The functions init_stream, stream_body and skip_body have been
deprecated and will be removed in 1.0 (alongside one clause of the
body/2 and body_qs/2 functions).

Current code *should* be compatible but you are really encouraged to
test and remove dead code introduced by this change.

The changes in Ranch are mostly small so I won't bore you with the details.

The next step will be to release 1.0 sometimes this summer. Work on 2.0
will start immediately after that but 2.0 is planned to be released
after Erlang 18.0 is out. We'll have a new version bump for every Erlang
version basically. More details later.

Hope you enjoy this release, and that I didn't break your code (too much)!

Enjoy.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu