[erlang-questions] How to return all records in dets

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Mon Jun 2 14:25:29 CEST 2014

Replied inline.

Le 2 juin 2014 à 13:45, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@REDACTED> a écrit :

> a reasonably well-maintained git repo with examples would be simply fantastic
> for people learning the ropes, and making it easy to contribute to would
> simply be icing on the cake.

OTP is a reasonably well-maintained Git repository. It is now using GitHub’s pull requests, which makes it easy to contribute to, at least according to the persons who wanted OTP to depend on GitHub.

> * move docs to a top-level dir in the OTP repo to make them more discoverable

Great, let’s move things for the sake of moving things.

http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erl_docgen/users_guide.html

> * with the OTP git repo cloned, one can not simply `cd system/doc; make` since
> the make depends on the top-level OTP build system. you have to configure (and
> autogen, if using a git checkout .. which is pretty much a requirement for
> push requests) and build from the top-level. `make docs` triggers a build of
> the actual OTP sources which is pretty irrelevant when i just want to
> contribute some improved docs and would like to see the results before doing a
> push request. :/ a pure-erlang system that uses a pre-existing erl in the
> user's path would be, comparatively, rather nice.

True, `make docs` should work, but not going through autotools and whatnot is asking for problems. Rewriting things to only use Erlang is asking for problems too, why reinvent the wheel?

On http://www.erlang.org/doc.html, we can read: "Online documentation for the latest version of the run-time system as well as all the libraries. Searchable in the right column". If Erlang’s own documentation is not a good place to tell where the searchable documentation is, what is a good place?

--
Anthony Ramine