[erlang-questions] [ANN] CloudI 1.3.2 Released!
Sun Jun 1 19:47:01 CEST 2014
Download 1.3.2 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudi/files/latest/download
(checksums at the bottom of this email)
CloudI (http://cloudi.org/) is a "universal integrator" using an Erlang core,
with its actor model, to pursue efficiency, fault-tolerance and scalability.
The CloudI API provides a minimal interface to communicate among actors that
are called services (long-lived processes), so programming language agnostic,
database agnostic, and messaging bus agnostic integration can occur.
CloudI currently integrates with the programming languages
Erlang, C/C++, Java, Python, and Ruby, the databases PostgreSQL, elasticsearch,
Cassandra, MySQL, couchdb, memcached, and tokyotyrant, the messaging bus ZeroMQ,
websockets, and the internal CloudI service bus. HTTP is supported with both
cowboy and elli integration.
Thanks for the various feedback/issues/bugs that have been reported.
The details for this release are below:
May 31, 2014
Version 1.3.2 (beta) released.
* Fixes for Erlang/OTP 17.0 compilation
* Improved node auto-discovery functionality and configuration
* Add cloudi_service_api:nodes_set/2 for dynamically configuring
CloudI nodes configuration
* EC2 node discovery now works as expected, selecting based on
tags and/or security groups
* Allow node connections to be hidden for more complex network topologies
* Add cloudi_service_queue for persistent queuing of service requests
with CT tests
* Add cloudi_service_filesystem file update notification service requests
(see notify_one and notify_all configuration)
* The cloudi_service_http_cowboy service has many different additions:
* Added websocket_protocol for creating a mapping between a protocol id
and the TransId of websocket service requests to avoid contention
* Added websocket_subscriptions for adding additional websocket connection
subscriptions for receiving service requests, conditional on the
connection URL (to simplify messaging to groups of websockets)
* websocket_connect and websocket_disconnect can be set to be either
async or sync service requests
* use_websockets == exclusively for only using websockets
* Add service name pattern support to cloudi_service_router
(to map from a service name pattern to a new service name destination)
* The cloudi_service_db_pgsql now provides either the
https://github.com/semiocast/pgsql or https://github.com/wg/epgsql
driver along with a separate confguration option for providing common output
* Log output now reflects the default (tuple) service configuration format
* Various bugfixes, small additions, and documentation improvements
Please mention any problems, issues, or ideas!
More information about the erlang-questions