[erlang-questions] Performance measurement for er_zauker

Giovanni Giorgi jj@REDACTED
Thu Jul 31 14:02:42 CEST 2014

Hi all,

 I am writing a code indexer called er_zaueker: it is based on erlang
and redis: https://github.com/daitangio/er_zauker

It is also my "erlang learning project".

I am trying to optimize it.

What are the OTP API I can use to find out where is spent much of the
time?

I need an aggregate timing value to find the slowest functions.

er_zauker breaks the files in "trigram" and push them to redis. This
part is done sequentially on a single file, whereas file processing is
spread via a lot of processes.

The entire work is higly I/O bound, but I hope to break the 10 files per
second barrier soon.

I'd like tu understang if it make sense to have more processes per
single file.

To collect trigram I am using the sets module, but I think R17 maps
could be even more fast.

---
Gio's Blog http://gioorgi.com