[erlang-questions] design pattern question for messaging

Mark Allen mallen@REDACTED
Thu Jul 24 00:18:38 CEST 2014

On 7/23/14 3:31 PM, "Miles Fidelman" <mfidelman@REDACTED> wrote:
>I keep coming back to wishing for an environment where the basic "unit
>of computation" has both actor-like properties and object-like
>properties.  Long term persistence, data encapsulation, plus
>message-passing concurrency.  Erlang seems to be the best starting point
>that I've found.

Have you considered Microsoft's Orleans run-time environment?

https://orleans.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Orleans%20Background&referringT
itle=Home

https://orleans.codeplex.com/

It sounds like it might fit into the concepts you're thinking about.  I
think it's pretty cool. I'd love to see some of these concepts in the
Erlang run-time, especially as a update/alternative for the current
distributed Erlang model.

Mark