[erlang-questions] Cowboy based XML-RPC server

Frans Schneider schneider@REDACTED
Sat Jul 19 14:47:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have to implement XML-RPC to get my system to communicate with ROS
[1].  To implement a ROS node, I need both an XML-RPC client and XML-RPC
server. Nothing fancy and preferable very light-weight. Cowboy seems to
be a very nice framework, but since I am totally new to implementing
XML-RPC and I can't find anything on Cowboy + XML-RPC, I could use some
advice or pointers to examples.

Also, what would be the best approach to implementing the client?

Currently the system is fully functional but uses Erlang message passing
directly instead of the ROS XML-RPC calls and TCP/UDPROS protocols. So,
when exposing the system to ROS, I would like to use some middleman to
implement the ROS parts, much liek Joe Armstrong describes in his book [2].

Thanks,

Frans

[1] http://wiki.ros.org/
[2] Programming Erlang, Second Edition, 24.1 Maintaining the Erlang View
of the World