[erlang-questions] dict vs. ETS choice
Richard A. O'Keefe
Fri Jul 11 01:06:47 CEST 2014
On 11/07/2014, at 6:29 AM, Derek Brown wrote:
> Let's say you want to store on the order of tens of thousands key/value pairs, with integer keys and proplist values (less than 10 simple key/value pairs per proplist). Read-heavy with few writes.
(1) Scope : do the data need to be accessible from many
processes or just one?
(2) Persistence : can the data go away when some one process
dies / when a node shuts down / when the disc is decommissioned
/ never if possible?
(3) Volume. "10s of 1000s" could be a very small amount of data
or an extremely large amount depending on the size of the values.
This should be considered relative to available storage.
(4) Traffic. "Ready-heavy" means how many reads per second?
"Few" writes means how many writes per second?
(5) Operations. What are _all_ the operations you want?
(6) Unknown unknowns.
More information about the erlang-questions