[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP on Cubietruck with access to GPIO (and I2S)

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Wed Jul 2 17:02:06 CEST 2014

On 2 jul 2014, at 15:38, Boris Mühmer <boris.muehmer@REDACTED> wrote:

> Maybe this is just a question for Tony Rogcall, but I will ask all of You.
>
> I bootstraped Erlang/OTP on my Cubietruck (and my Raspberry Pi as well). The Cubietruck wasn't tortured as much as the Raspberry Pi in this process, because it runs on a SSD instead of a SD-Card.
>
> The result is much more complete (than cross-compiling), because for example wx is build as well and it is working (using ssh -X for a test), on the other hand it takes a bit longer to complete compared to a destop system with eight cores.
>
> So the next step I want to do is to access the GPIO ports/pings (and I2S) from within Erlang.

Yes, it even has native support for Raspberry pi and some omap/2 3 platforms.
The "native" support is called direct. If I remember correctly you can even
use direct mode and listen for interrupts at the same time but...

> Has anyone already tried this on the Cubietruck?
> Does Tony's gpio code for the Raspberry Pi work on the Cubietruck, too?

The gpio code works for all gpio pins mapped on sysfs, but the native variants
are of course much faster.

/Tony

> Regards,
> Boris

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"