[erlang-questions] SNMP agent: modifying vacm, community, etc

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Thu Jan 30 22:17:33 CET 2014

I am working on an snmp agent and trying to figure out the 'proper' way to
locally edit tables like vacm, community, usm, etc.

1. One approach is to keep modifying config files through the snmpa_config
module and then call configure() on the appropriate mib module to reload
the config.

2. Another approach is to try to do everything through the appropriate mib
module, but in general they only provide add and delete operations (I need
to be able to see what is there).

3. There are the MIBs for these tables on which I could use SNMP get/set,
but I do not want them loaded so I cannot use this.

I am left with #1 which seems clunky but should get the job done for me.
If there is a better way I would love to hear about it.

Hiccups aside, I am in awe of the Erlang SNMP application.  The SNMP
protocol is simply horrifying, but this app handles it all.

Cheers,
Dan.