[erlang-questions] Serfdom erlang implementation (gossip client)?

Tristan Sloughter <>
Mon Jan 13 22:28:31 CET 2014

Don't bother with an Erlang Serfdom client. It relies on Go RPC calls
between nodes.

Tristan Sloughter

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014, at 08:37 AM, Mark Allen wrote:

I looked at the golang implementation several weeks ago, but I had the
sense that the underlying serfdom network protocol was evolving too
rapidly to really have a good go at writing some kind of Erlang client
at this point in time.  (Maybe it has settled down now - I haven't
really looked again recently.)

I agree that it would be really nice way to send information around to
a cluster of Erlang VMs if you can tolerate how gossip protocols behave
so it's definitely on my radar.  If anyone else is interested in
working on this, I would be willing to help :)

In the meantime, if you want to see an Erlang-y implementation of a
gossip protocol as a model, you could look at how Basho did its
anti-entropy stuff in riak core (as one example)

(Note: this is the "develop" branch which is kind of the bleeding edge
of the codebase. Try 1.4 branch if you want a "stable" view of the