[erlang-questions] busy_dist_port message

puneet ahuja puneet@REDACTED
Fri Jan 10 13:21:06 CET 2014

Hi,

We are getting a lot of busy_dist_port messages in our production system when the load is high.  On monitoring the TCP traffic, we figured that there was a momentary dip in traffic on the connection to the erlang dist ports. This was correlated with the TCP window size increasing to 400ms. This is a recurrent problem and occurs when the cluster load is high. We have ruled out any network issues between the nodes.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions on what can cause the dist erlang message receiver to bottleneck?

Regards,
Puneet