[erlang-questions] raw file append issue

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Thu Jan 9 21:01:54 CET 2014

Hello,

I do re-call that there was a discussion in the thread about some nasty behaviour of file i/o but I do not able to find a reference in my mailbox. Does the following issue sound familiar to you?

I have got pretty much similar issue what is depicted here:
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2013-January/003288.html

I do have a single process that uses raw, append only file: [raw, binary, append, exclusive, {delayed_write, 256Kb, 1000}]
The process writes a chunks of 1.5 - 2KB but it does it with high frequency 10K+ per second. I am using iolists in file write: file:write(FD, [Head, Payload, Foot]). Unfortunately, sometimes read data does not match a written one. I was not able to see the problem if write load is less the 10K per second.

I am using R15B03 and OS is AWS Linux (CentOS derivation).

Any thought?

Best Regards,
Dmitry