[erlang-questions] ssl issue

Andreas Schultz aschultz@REDACTED
Thu Jan 2 10:54:48 CET 2014

Hi Loco,

The root cause of this problem is the elliptic curve used in the ECDHE key
exchange. Chrome (and probably the other failing clients) support only a
limited set of curves (chrome only does secp256r1, secp384r1 and secp521r1).

Erlang's ECDHE support is currently hard coded to always use secp256k1.

Obviously, this will not work. Excluding all ECDHE cipher suites will work
around that problem. The correct fix will be to teach Erlang SSL to select
the correct curve.

Andreas