[erlang-questions] [erlang-bugs] utils/make_compiler_flags error

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Wed Feb 26 12:36:54 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED> wrote:
> Does anybody else see the following error when building a fresh
> otp.git master (98776a4) tree?
>
> can't open x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/opt/plain/erl_compile_flags.h for
> writing at utils/make_compiler_flags line 65.

Thanks for noticing this!

As far as I can tell, this annoying error message is harmless.
The script is executed everytime the Makefile is run, and the first
time the directories have not been created yet, so it fails. The second
time the Makefile is run (when doing the actual build), the script will
succeed silently.

It is too late for the rc2 release, but we will try to fix for the
final 17.0 release.

If anyone wants to fix it, patches are welcome.

/Bjorn