[erlang-questions] What problem are we trying to solve here? [was Erland users group [was re: languages in use? [was: Time for OTP to be Renamed?]]]

Kenji Rikitake kenji@REDACTED
Fri Feb 21 04:54:51 CET 2014

Off-topic: some thoughts on BitTorrent:

* Indeed the technology is good for replication.  It's my fault I didn't
mention it.

* Many large organizations including my former workplaces prohibit P2P
protocols by the security policies, and the reason is understandable once you
face what sort of traffic is on the torrents.  And that's one of the reasons
why I've got an unintentional negative bias against BitTorrent.

I think we can agree that we need more mirroring sites of various levels.

Kenji Rikitake

++> Michael Truog <mjtruog@REDACTED> [2014-02-19 20:04:49 -0800]: