[erlang-questions] let it crash erlang/ada [[was: Time for OTP to be Renamed?]

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 13:44:16 CET 2014

Interesting.

What I find particularly notable about the Space Shuttle design is the
notion of separate development of hardware and software - by different
teams at different vendors - as a fault checking mechanism.

I guess the core mathematics has to be the same (e.g., ballistic
calculations), but beyond that, different code, running on different
hardware, but they have to get to the same results, or something is wrong.

More copies of the same hardware/software just means more copies of any
bugs!

Cheers,

Miles