[erlang-questions] random thought: connecting to node, specify IP address

David Welton <>
Mon Feb 17 10:23:44 CET 2014

For various reasons, we sometimes have nodes that come up with a long
node name that does not nicely map onto the network - say,
 or  that does not get a
DNS entry.  The nodes operate in somewhat unknown and unstable network
situation, so we may not even know the IP address ahead of time.

It'd be nice to be able to - at a later date - force a connection to
those nodes by specifying an IP address in the connection code

Is something like this at all feasible?

Thank you
David N. Welton