[erlang-questions] What problem are we trying to solve here? [was Erland users group [was re: languages in use? [was: Time for OTP to be Renamed?]]]

Miles Fidelman <>
Sat Feb 15 18:02:23 CET 2014

Garrett Smith wrote:
> I think this group therapy session is going well. People have
> expressed important feelings and strong emotions. Others have
> practiced good listening and empathy skills.
Actually, I think it's a reaction to the snowstorms hitting the US -
getting sucked into an email discussion is an alternative to taking a
walk outside.

But maybe that's just me :-)

Though... I really am interested in knowing what languages people here
use in their "day jobs" - as someone else asked.  Obviously, a lot of
folks here use Erlang - most of the traffic on the list is about real
erlang-questions (and answers) - signs of a pretty good community.

  But for the folks who've been jumping into this discussion, I'm kind
of curious - are the folks complaining about lack of adoption, naming,
standards, etc. active users, or kibitzers?

Miles (waiting for the next storm to hit)