[erlang-questions] How many processes do you run in your BEAM?

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Fri Feb 14 17:11:16 CET 2014

We did run around 1.7MM processes handling around 850k concurrent TCP
connections. Although it was in a stress test environment. 32 cores of
the physical server were utilized 85% and more under the stress test.
We had spikes in run queue lengths since most of the processes were
"activated" with a single broadcast message. But in our case we were
able to maintain sub 1s latency for all processes to finish processing
of the broadcast message.