[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 22:54:40 CET 2014

They are very hard to get right. Upgrading a live system is really
difficult, even with OTP. There are many ways things can go wrong, from
the new code breaking things to your state being partially lost (worse
than losing all of it!) while upgrading it.

It requires a lot of testing to get right, and as such is eating up a
lot of time. A 2 minutes change can easily take you 2 hours to test and
make sure the upgrade will actually work as intended.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu