[erlang-questions] FW: Version numbering scheme change and the implication / Re: [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Thu Feb 13 17:49:50 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Fred Hebert <> wrote:
> → erl -noshell -eval 'io:format("~s~n",[erlang:system_info(otp_correction_package)]),halt(0).'
> 17.0-rc1
> It is objectively longer than having -V switch, loads more content, but
> gets the result you want as one command line option. Adding in the
> options '-noinput +A 0 -smp disable' to the command brings it below
> 0.15s on my VPS, usually below something noticeable.

Thanks, but my use case is to have a number of erlang installations
and detect which version each is (looking at the directory name
doesn't always help). 0.15s*5 is noticeable and it's not that fast on
all filesystems (think clearcase)... Of course, I have this workaround
as backup. The issue is that the information was available before, but
is going away now with the new version scheme.