[erlang-questions] beginner: Generating HTML with ">" from Erlang

Anthony Ramine <>
Thu Feb 13 15:33:23 CET 2014

Wow, just checked the HTML5 spec and you’re right. So did I sleep for ten years and what I said is only true for XML and XHTML (that it should work whether it is encoded or not), or did I live in an alternate universe all this time, where the HTML spec wasn’t inconsistent in its handling of entities?

Sorry for the lost time, anyway.

Anthony Ramine