[erlang-questions] Version numbering scheme change and the implication / Re: [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 10:34:59 CET 2014

Hi!

A couple of more questions about versins:

- how can we find the otp_version without starting erlang? otp_release
is in the start scripts, but I can't find anywhere "17.0-rc1"...
- is 17.0.0 the same as 17.0? Is it a problem to use the extra ".0"?

regards,
Vlad