[erlang-questions] Performance analysis advice

ANTHONY MOLINARO anthonym@REDACTED
Tue Feb 11 08:11:14 CET 2014

No, I haven't other than setting '+K true' (are there other tweaks)?

One of my experiments tomorrow will be to set '+K false' to see if falling back to select doesn't use the pollset.

I'm also planning to instrument the number of times I call erlang:yield/0 when I fail to get a resource.  I know the documentation warns about using erlang:yield/0 but it does seem to do what I want, which is to try again in a little bit (I want to keep the connections open and retry up to a timeout, which should have the effect of also applying back pressure to upstream load balancers).

Anyway, still looking for more suggestions on thing to look for.

Thanks,

-Anthony