[erlang-questions] ASN.1 multiple records

Abd El-Fattah Mahran abdoo.mahran@REDACTED
Mon Feb 10 10:18:23 CET 2014

Dear Rimon,

Consider you have SDCDR.asn and ASN1 configuration file SDCDR.asn1config

*** Compile .asn File*
asn1ct:compile("SDCDR", [ber_bin, optimize, verbose, driver, undec_rest]).

*** Compile .asn File with configuration file .asn1config*
asn1ct:compile("SDCDR", [ber_bin, optimize, verbose, driver, asn1config,
undec_rest]).

*** Steps For decoding .asn file*
{ok, F} = file:read_file("SDPCDR_sdp01a.ASN").

rr('SDCDR').
{ok, {lifeCycleChange, LifeCycleChange}, Rest} =
'SDCDR':decode('SDPCallDataRecord', F).

*** Use Rest Variable to get the Rest of the data.*
{ok, {accountAdjustment, AccountAdjustment}, Rest1} =
'SDCDR':decode('SDPCallDataRecord', Rest).

Thanks,
best regards,

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Rimon Farouk <ce.rfjacob@REDACTED> wrote:

> Dears;
>
> I've succeeded in reading ASN.1 binary files containing single message,
> but how can i read an ASN.1 binary file containing multiple messages?
> I cannot find sufficient resources for Erlang dealing with ASN.1 files.
> Kindly help.
>
> Thanks a lot ...
> Best regards ...
> Rimon