[erlang-questions] Indentation of multiline strings

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Feb 7 09:29:12 CET 2014

Hi,

I got a question about a file that was indented in a strange way by
the script I put together, and thus by the erlang-mode indenter, and
the problem is related to multiline strings.

I can't see any such strings in lib/tools/emacs/test.erl.*, and when
looking at the erlang-indent functions it looks like it works line by
line, meaning that there is no way that multiline strings will get
handled properly. But I may be wrong, as it's been a long time since
reading lisp code.

What is the official position regarding indenting multiline strings?
If the emacs indentation code is broken, it means one can't reindent
files without risking trouble...

regards,
Vlad