[erlang-questions] Controversial subject of the day: tabs and spaces for indentation

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Feb 6 10:12:30 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
> The contributor can quickly see if they broke whitespace after submitting
> the PR on github by looking at the diff tab. I'm always surprised when
> people submit a PR with obviously broken whitespace and do nothing about it
> until I point it out.

As an interesting anecdote, yesterday I managed somehow to produce a
patch that looked good on github, but not in emacs... So unfortunately
it seems that checking GH might not be enough (at least not when not
using emacs in the first place).

regards,
Vlad