[erlang-questions] json handling map functions in erlang 17

Björn-Egil Dahlberg wallentin.dahlberg@REDACTED
Wed Feb 5 22:22:56 CET 2014

I have not read Joes final book on the matter (several drafts though) ..
and I've told him, twice I think, that there will *not* be any maps to json
BIFs to in the maps module. It does not belong in the standard library.

I do touch on the subject in the EEP (
https://github.com/erlang/eep/blob/master/eeps/eep-0043.md) under "protocol
construction".

However, it is encouraged that erlang json libraries make use of maps. =)

// Björn-Egil