[erlang-questions] R16B03-1 + Redhat with latest openssl RPMs = EC crypto issues still occurring

Per Hedeland <>
Sun Feb 2 23:26:49 CET 2014

Adam Bloomston <> wrote:
>Note that installation with environment variable set prior to calling
>configure does not work (took me a while to figure this out since I'm not
>that familiar with configure/make):
>$ CFLAGS="-DOPENSSL_NO_EC=1"; ./configure && make && sudo make install

That commandline does not set CFLAGS as an environment variable (unless
you have done 'export CFLAGS' earlier in the same shell), only as a
shell variable - not visible to 'configure'. You probably want to drop the

$ CFLAGS="-DOPENSSL_NO_EC=1" ./configure && make && sudo make install

- which sets CFLAGS as an environment variable for the following command
(i.e. configure) only. Whether configure actually pays attention to it
is another thing (I believe it does), but at least it has the

--Per Hedeland