[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter@REDACTED
Sat Feb 1 21:53:41 CET 2014

+10000

I find the idea of maps replacing records very confusing. The compile
time static nature of records is very useful, even if it doesn't pertain
to every situation you want a random access key/value data structure.

A record as Fred mentions makes you think about the type and the API
from the module more.

And will you be able to define types on keys with maps for static
analysis like with records?

Tristna