[erlang-questions] Version numbering scheme change and the implication / Re: [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Sat Feb 1 14:33:38 CET 2014

A claim that the versioning scheme is "similar" to some specification has just as much weight to me than a claim saying Internet Explorer’s HTML is "similar" to the HTML defined in the W3 specs.

Is it semantic versioning, or is it not? To me it isn’t. Heck, 17.0 isn’t even a valid semantic version.

--
Anthony Ramine