[erlang-questions] Newbie question - running qdate results in noproc, gen_server exception

Carlos Paparoni carlos@REDACTED
Mon Dec 22 22:21:02 CET 2014

Hi everyone, I'm fairly (read: extremely) new to Erlang and still learning
how to do stuff.

I'm currently trying to code some timezone functions in ChicagoBoss using
the qdate library (https://github.com/choptastic/qdate); however, when
trying to test the code either standalone or inside the controller, I'm
getting this error:

qdate:set_timezone("GMT").
** exception exit: {noproc,{gen_server,call,

[qdate_srv,{set_timezone,<0.54.0>,"GMT"}]}}
     in function  gen_server:call/2 (gen_server.erl, line 182)
     in call from qdate_srv:set_timezone/2 (qdate_srv.erl, line 49)

Even though I previously did this:

qdate_srv:start_link().
{ok,<0.51.0>}

Would anyone be so kind as to tell me what I'm doing wrong (and how to fix
it), please?

Thanks in advance,
<http://systrix.com/firma/index.html>
*CARLOS PAPARONI *
* Web Developer*
carlos@REDACTED
*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This message may contain confidential, privileged
and/or proprietary information and/or material for the sole confidential
use of Systrix and related parties. The use, copy, dissemination or
distribution of this message may only be made by and to authorized parties.
If you received this message by mistake, please notify immediately to the
sender and Systrix and delete the message. The recipients are advised that
NONE of the information and/or material contained in this communication
should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used
in any way to authenticate a contract or other legal document.