[erlang-questions] automake and erlang.mk

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Dec 19 11:45:30 CET 2014

A quick look at automake docs gives this result:

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Subdirectories.html

Which leads to this page which contains exactly what you want, I think:

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Third_002dParty-Makefiles.html

It seems you will need to add some targets in your Makefile. erlang.mk
already comes with some (all, clean, distclean) and another is already
planned to be added (check, that would run tests + dialyzer and others).

If you have success with this it may be interesting to add some guidance
to the erlang.mk README on how to make it work with automake, or even to
add these extra rules to erlang.mk itself (it seems that empty rules are
OK).

On 12/19/2014 12:23 PM, CT Radu wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> Has any of you used erlang.mk <http://erlang.mk> and automake tools ?
> I am currently working on a project that uses automake across the whole
> ecosystem (including the erlang project I am working on).
> What I want is to use erlang.mk <http://erlang.mk> in my project instead
> of custom/home made Makefiles and at the same time be sure autoreconf do
> not overwrite or make unusable make targets exposed by erlang.mk
> <http://erlang.mk>.
>
> Regards,
> Tiberiu

Loïc Hoguin