[erlang-questions] relx: how to use system erlang, not embed from my computer?

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Thu Dec 18 18:32:44 CET 2014

Yea, we were doing the same at Heroku. A docker image that built the
release and uploaded to S3 so we could deploy.

It is a decent flow, but now I have just travis-ci doing the build,
after tests pass, and uploading to S3. Which works nicely.

I intend to document different deployment and upgrade strategies on
rebar3 and relx websites eventually.

--

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Mark Nijhof wrote:
> Maybe a bit more cumbersome then changing a parameter (perhaps more
> guaranteed success), but I used to use a docker image to create a
> release for Ubuntu on MacOS so the platform is the same. Now I run
> Ubuntu on my machine so I don't need it anymore, but it was useful.
>
> Here is a repo: https://github.com/MarkNijhof/erlang_docker
>
> -Mark
>
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Tristan Sloughter
> <t@REDACTED> wrote:
>> __
>> You must also set:
>>
>> {system_libs, false}.
>>
>> I've been undecided on making a single config variable that says to
>> not include erts or system libs.
>>
>> Or you can set it to include another erts, which could be compiled
>> for the platform you are deploying to:
>>
>> {include_erts, "/path/to/erts"}.
>>
>> I'm working on documentation as well. Currently it is within the
>> rebar3 project, http://www.rebar3.org/v1.0/docs/releases, but is the
>> same for using relx on its own or with erlang.mk (except that you
>> have to have a relx.config and can't use profiles). But I'll be
>> creating a relx only set of docs similar to these.
>>
>> Tristan
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Max Lapshin wrote:
>>>
>>> I've made simple project with erlang.mk and relx.config:
>>>
>>> {release, {peeklio, "0.1"}, [peeklio]}.
>>>
>>> {extended_start_script, true}.
>>>
>>> {include_erts, false}.
>>>

>>> I compile it under MacOS and copy _rel/... to linux. It doesn't work
>>> because crypto library is copied with MacOS .so
>>>
>>> How should I force relx to make some output that will use erlang
>>> from system?

> --
> Mark Nijhof
> t: @MarkNijhof[1]