[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Dec 17 09:49:11 CET 2014

On 12/17/2014 02:18 AM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> * No global install
>
> It just causes headaches. Sandboxes are much more fun to play in without
> all the kids in the neighborhood crowding in and someone ending up
> leaving a poop in it.

I think this is a very important point. I like deps not because I enjoy
compiling everything, but because they are local to the project and I
can have different projects use different dep versions without having to
worry that the wrong version gets picked up.

I am not even sure how -pa or ERL_LIBS work when you have both app-1 and
app-2 in your lib directory. Which one does it choose? Will it choose
the right version when I want to start a shell for experimenting? I have
not seen anything that allows me to choose what version to run outside
of making a release/upgrade.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu