[erlang-questions] Erlang package manager

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Tue Dec 16 21:55:59 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Loic Hoguin wrote:
> On 12/16/2014 07:05 PM, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> >
> > * a git repository with its history is not a suitable mechanism to
> >    store either the index or the packages
>
> Then what is suitable for the index? (It's obviously not suitable
> for packages themselves, yes.)

It would be a good start to take hints from Debian or Fedora's
systems, to name two designs that are better suited than just putting
anything in a git repo. If we take archival of old versions seriously,
it's a good idea to have a look at Hackage(2) as well. Ubuntu's index
does not appear to support delta index updates, and that's why I wrote
Debian, if somebody wonders.