[erlang-questions] Powermedia: pros and cons

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Sun Dec 7 03:27:44 CET 2014

My guess is that not many Erlang programmers have the pleasure of working
with Websphere MQ.

Your best bet is to dive in and try to library for yourself. The term
"scalable" is of course the topic of much hilarity as it's only slightly
more precise than asking if something is "super awesome".

While Erlang is of course scalable (and super awesome) this library could
have all sorts of issues. But they can probably be sorted out, provided the
wire protocol isn't inherently broken (I have no idea).

If you get something working and apply some stress, consistent with what
you expect your app load to look like, you'll know soon enough how this
library performs.

Garrett