[erlang-questions] Rebar: Multi applications depend on same application, but different branchs

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Fri Dec 5 09:14:49 CET 2014

On 5 December 2014 at 02:33, linbo liao <llbgurs@REDACTED> wrote:
> When I execute "rebar get-deps" ,  it will use other branch defined in B,
> but not master branch defined in A.
>
> Is there any way to resolve this issue?  Thanks in advance.

Not easily, no[1]. There are several issues filed against rebar to do
with the way it decides which dependencies to download. They're
hopefully being resolved in rebar3, but -- in my testing at least --
it's not mature yet.

The way I've done it is to have a rebar.deps.config at the top level
which lists the dependencies that I'd like to force -- and lists
nothing else. Then I "rebar -C rebar.deps.config get-deps && rebar
get-deps"; this causes rebar to download the forced dependencies, and
then to use its normal logic. Since the dependencies are already in
the deps/ directory by this point, it doesn't download them again.

Cheers,
Roger.

[1] At least, as far as I can figure out. If anyone has any better ideas...?