[erlang-questions] Erlang and Akka

Xiao Jia me@REDACTED
Fri Aug 29 05:40:16 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:10 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED>
wrote:

> The trick is to extend the type system to send and receive.
> This seems like the weakest aspect of Dialyzer: I cannot
> say "X is a process id for a process that expects
> messages of type Y".

This reminds me of session types.  But I have to read (and dig) more about
session types since I have no experience with them.

I have known *interpreted* Scheme to run faster than
> *compiled* C++.

What is the underlying issue?  I always thought interpreted languages
cannot achieve good cache efficiency so they are doomed to be much slower
given that the same algorithms and data structures are used.

> We would then have to say that N is better than E and C
> AND ALSO that N is worse than E and C.

Sure.  I meant "better in aspects of performance and concurrency."