[erlang-questions] Onboarding programmers who are new to Erlang

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Fri Aug 29 03:08:52 CEST 2014

Another problem with going to straight into OTP behaviours is that they
hide the concurrency, you can write a large full fledged application
without a ! or receive in sight. There is of course nothing wrong with this
per se, but sometimes people miss the fact that there is concurrency here
and everything is running in separate processes and communicating with
messages. They see gen_server:call as a function call. This is definitely a
problem.

Robert