[erlang-questions] Mystery exit message in ejabberd_odbc

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Fri Aug 22 19:36:33 CEST 2014

On 08/22, Devdutt Sheth wrote:
> I realize that, but just by reading my code I am not able to establish where a port is being spawned? I am doing an erlang:ports() call in a tight loop but do not see the PID in question.
> Is  there some utility/function that will list all the ports that have been in existence for a specified period of time ( either currently alive or recently exited)?
> If not, is there some utility/debugger that would help me with this?
>
> Thanks.

Ports also include TCP, UDP and SCTP sockets, file descriptors, etc.

Ifyou do some manipulations over that, you may have ports around.
They're linked to their parent/owner process, usually.

Regards,
Fred.