[erlang-questions] Inter-node communication bottleneck

Sverker Eriksson sverker.eriksson@REDACTED
Wed Aug 20 16:29:19 CEST 2014

On 08/19/2014 02:59 PM, Jihyun Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a prior discusson[1] about inter-node communication bottleneck,
> and I experienced same issue on inter-node messaging. I dig into the
> issue and it found that there is a lock on inter-node messaging[2] which
> causes bottleneck on sending messages to single node.

How did you draw conclusion about the distribution lock queue being a
bottleneck?
Did you use the lock counting[1],  and if so what was the profiling stats?

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP

[1] http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/tools/lcnt_chapter.html