[erlang-questions] Observer for the web?

Ryan Brown ryankbrown@REDACTED
Mon Aug 18 20:59:58 CEST 2014

Hi all, I have been looking at various different monitoring options for
erlang applications. There a re a number of good ones out there but, for my
needs, observer offers the best insight. However, since it is a desktop
app, it is not ideal for long-running monitoring or for say, sending a link
to somebody else and saying "hey, can you take a look at this?" It would
also be nice to be able to have playback capabilities. So, if you have a
node failure, it would be nice to roll-back to just prior to this failure
to see what is happening on that node.

So, is there something like this available currently? Something close that
I could possibly contribute to that will help the entire community? It
seems like recon https://github.com/ferd/recon Could be used as a good
starting point for such a monitoring tool. And I may do that. But, the last
thing i want is to  re-invent the wheel.

--
-rb