[erlang-questions] BOB 2015 - Call for Contributions (Berlin, Germany, January 23, 2015)
Fri Aug 15 13:10:19 CEST 2014
The BOB conference will have a strong focus on functional programming,
so Erlang submissions very welcome.
Please consider submitting!
BOB Conference 2015
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
Deadline: September 30, 2014
You drive advanced software engineering methods, implement ambitious
architectures and are open to cutting-edge innovation? Attend this
conference, meet people that share your goals, and get to know the
best software tools and technologies available today. We strive to
offer you a day full of new experiences and impressions that you can
use to immediately improve your daily life as a software developer.
If you share our vision and want to contribute, submit a proposal for
a talk or tutorial!
We are looking for talks about best-of-breed software technology,
- functional programming
- reactive programming
- micro-service architectures
- persistent data structures and databases
- … everything really that isn’t mainstream, but you think should
Presenters should provide the audience with information that is
practically useful for software developers. This could take the form of
- experience reports
- introductory talks on technical background
- demos and how-tos
We accept proposals for presentations of 45 minutes (40 minutes talk
+ 5 minutes questions), as well as 90 minute tutorials for beginners.
The language of presentation should be either English or German.
It should include (in your presentation language of choice):
- an abstract of max. 1500 characters.
- a short bio/cv
- contact information (including at least email)
- a list of 3-5 concrete ideas of how your work can be applied in a developer's daily life
- additional material (websites, blogs, slides, videos of past
You can submit your proposal using the following form:
- direct questions to bobkonf at active minus group dot de
- proposal deadline: September 30, 2014
- notification: October 15, 2014
- program: October 2014, 2014
NOTE: The conference fee will be waived for presenters, but travel
expenses will not be covered.
- Matthias Fischmann, zerobuzz UG
- Matthias Neubauer, SICK AG
- Michael Sperber, Active Group
- Stefan Wehr, factis research
- Annette Bieniusa, TU Kaiserslautern
- Torsten Grust, Uni Tübingen
- Peter Thiemann, Uni Freiburg
More information about the erlang-questions